Wednesday, December 28, 2011

BUSINESS LIFE :: End of the Year Tasks

I don't know about anyone else, but I cannot BELIEVE that 2011 is almost over. I've been a little quiet these last few weeks because I've been spending the majority of any extra time reorganizing files, preparing new designs for 2012 and just getting ready for everything that the new year will bring. Although I am always sad to see one year come to a close, I do get really excited thinking about everything that the new year could potentially bring.

For those of you that own businesses, do you spend a little time at the end of the year getting everything all fresh and new for the upcoming year? Some of the things I've been doing include:
  • Backing up all my files like crazy
  • Removing files I don't use on an every day basis from my Mac
  • Updating contact lists
  • Reviewing & editing website/blog/etsy, etc. profiles, shop policies etc.
  • Redesigning some of my standard forms
  • Archiving OLD customer files (from etsy shop sets, etc.)
  • Making tons of notes in my new planner
  • Working on short/long term goals
  • Updating (or retiring) designs/graphics as needed
Overall I feel like I will be in a pretty good place to start 2012 in the next couple of days, although there are a few more things I'd love to get done by the end of this week.

What are you doing to prepare for the new year? I'd love to hear! :)

post signature