Thursday, May 10, 2012

Design Tip: How to Change Adobe Illustrator CS6 Screen Back to White

Hi everybody! Adobe Illustrator CS6 just came out a few days ago and I couldn't be more excited about it. I will admit, however (and I knew this was coming so it wasn't a surprise) that I am not in love with the new black user interface. It is very similar to Photoshop and while I don't mind it in Photoshop or Photoshop Elements I find it to be too distracting when I'm actually illustrating or designing layouts. So the black background had to go.

Thankfully it was super easy to change. :)

If you find yourself in the same boat, here's how you can revert your screen back to white.

Go into your Illustrator preferences (found at the top left hand corner of your screen) and then "user interface".

I changed my brightness to light at 100% and then change my canvas color to white.


Voila! That did the trick. 


I haven't had too much time to really play around with this yet, but I do have to say that I am loving it so far. It seems to run even faster than CS5 and faster is always a bonus for me. I tend to have a lot of files open at once which can sometimes bog the program down.

Has anyone else downloaded this yet and if so, what do you think?

 post signature